Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Crossbow Buck

The 2015 archery season started at a little rough for me.

                                                        
Winchester placed this warning on their crossbows for a reason.

                                                 
If you disregard the above label you will learn why it was placed there the hard painful way.   

                                                     
After missing the first two Saturdays of the archery season I finally got into the woods and got to watch this 6 pt buck for a while.


 While I was watching the above 6 pt. this 8 walked out into the open.
                                          
                                                 

He ranged out at 60 yards but I had been practicing at that distance with the Winchester Steed. I did double check my thumb placement before pulling trigger.

                                                 
                      The neck measured 25.5 inches around.
                    Fran scored the horns at 115 and a thumb



                                                          

 

No comments:

Post a Comment